August is the starting time of bow hunting season in many states. The bow hunting season lasts until the end of the year. As a result, hunters have a lot of time with their hunting passion. The most productive period time of hunting must be late summer, fall, and early winter. In these periods of time, hunters not only get the highest productivity but also enjoy the most comfort when they are on the hunting trip. However, it does not mean that everyone can get the best result when hunting at these periods of time. Don’t you think best hunting equipment like a gamo silent cat for hunting is the only thing to define the success of a hunting trip? You should know that you need much more than that. Today, I would like to give you some tips to always have a great early season hunting trip.
No matter what the target of you is, you always get more advantages when you hunt in the early season than in other seasons.
- The animals you are hunting are the most precious and strong targets in the whole year.
- There is the whole coming summer for you to chase after your biggest target.
- The hunting competition you are joining is less competitive than other ones during the year because there are fewer hunters joining the competition.
To have you achieve a greatest early season bow hunting trip ever, I will provide you best tips ever.
- How to scout the target
In some aspects, early season bow hunting seems to be the preparation for the main hunting season happening during the year. You can prepare some pattern for the main hunting season in September. In the time of early season bow hunting trip, you can spend time investigating the schedule of your target for instance its main living area, its favorite food and how they do every day to get its natural habits. When you know your enemy, you surely win. Therefore, the time of early season bow hunting is considered the greatest time for preparation of hunting. Do you know that when you do anything, you always need a suitable method to apply? Even when you scout, it does not mean that all you need is standing waiting for the target or something else. You should put some below methods to scout under consideration to do the scouting correctly.
- Morning and evening are great time to scout. Most of the animals in forest have habits to go out searching for foods and water in morning or evening. Therefore, you should go out in these times make an overview to mark and spot your target then keep an eye on it. You should notice the unique features of this target and take note in paper or in your mind.
- To identify the suitable type of animals for early season bow hunting, you should use trail cameras. It is said to be extremely useful for hunters in the early season bow hunting.
- When you already find your main target, you will certainly keep stalking and spotting this target. It is recommended for you to have several shooter bucks located to ensure the ratio of success to be higher than it might basically be.
- It is said that in summer and early bow hunting season, bucks are most useful and confident. It is reported that some bucks are so smart that they choose to go out and do action mainly at night in fall and earn light of day only in early morning and quickly go home before dark one hour.
- Patterning Bucks
There is nothing more important to deer and elk than feeding when summer comes. Male dominance and breeding are not important to them any more at that time. Deer are intelligent enough to find a path way to the area to feed and drink water of them. A smart hunter is the one who can find that path way and follow the target without making it notice.
To do that, the hunter needs to have a great stand to stalk and spot his target. He should take note the time of feeding; breeding and drinking water of your target then make a clear plan of how to catch this target.
- How to spot and stalk in hunting
Spotting and stalking are also considered extremely useful methods to hunt on the early season bow hunting. However, this seems to be effective for only deer hunting. Even though, you can apply these methods for white tail and elk hunting.
What you should remember when you go spotting and stalking is that you have to wear suitable outfit to make your colors similar to the colors of the background.